Sunday, July 22, 2007

Starting out, things to consider

How does one go about making money online? There are a lot of guides out there, some clearer than others, some more extensive than others. As I go I will point out which guides I recommend you read, but we're going to start simple, to avoid overwhelming you with information. The first things is to note that there is No one definitive guaranteed way to make money.

All methods take time, and as you work your way through this blog and try different things you will eventually find the methods that work best for you. My aim is to get you to THINK. I want to get you to a place where you can think and critically evaluate all the suggestions that are out there, picking and choosing, and trying them out, and thinking about the principles behind the method.

Before you adopt a method, I want you to think about several things:

1. Why:

Why the person that is writing about this idea is sharing it.
  • I want you to think about motives and intentions. Why is this author pushing method X or Y?
  • Why is this person trying to get me to sign on for plan K or T?
  • What benefit does the person get if I follow this method?
  • What proof do they show that it works?
  • Is it just words or can they validate it?
  • Why?
2. How:

How does this method work?
  • What principles are being applied to make this work?
  • Is it logical?
  • Does it make sense?
  • Whatever I am doing, if I was the consumer on the other end, would I buy into it?
  • Do I have to do what this guy is doing exactly as he is doing it or is it adaptable?
  • How does it fit into my life?
3. What:
What do I have to do?
  • Is it ethical?
  • Is it something I would be comfortable doing?
  • Will I have a clear conscience as I do this?
  • Is it legal?
  • Is it transparent?
  • Does it involve scamming or lying or misrepresentation?
These are the kind of questions you need to ask, the thought process you need to engage in as you pursue ways of making money. Obviously this is not a comprehensive list, and my goal is not to give you comprehensive lists, but rather to stimulate you to think and find answers, and formulate your own questions.

If you want a no-brainer, you may find one, but the cost may be greater at the end. But if you're prepared to think through the process as you do it, you will learn more than just methods. You will learn principles and concepts that will carry you in good stead through your money-making ventures, and through life itself!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home